Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 42 - star struck and cheese curds

I don't know if I mentioned this, but last Sunday/Monday the referrals just kept coming in. And oh man do I love referrals. Seriously guys, go to lds.org and refer all of your friends and family. Best thing ever! I mean they all ordered Bibles, but the ones we've contacted so far have all taken Books of Mormon as well. And a lot of them are fairly interested in learning more. God works in mysterious ways. We went back to contact a potential investigator, Xavier, and caught him at home! He is super cool. He lives with his dad, who is Pentecostal, but he hasn't gone to church in a long time. He told us how he hadn't read any of the BoM, but said that once we left he would go and read some. I was asking if we could come back and teach him more and he eagerly said that would be cool. Yay! So we are gonna go back on Thursday to talk to him more about this wonderful gospel!!

Irena is doing well. I guess. We didn't get to have a sit down lesson with her this week, but we are gong over tonight with Tina to talk to her more about the Word of Wisdom. We did stop by her house this week, though, and she said she really enjoyed church. She couldn't make it yesterday, but hopefully she'll be able to this Sunday.

We went to the Crager's house for dinner this week. That is an A+ family. So many laughs. This week we also went on exchanges with the sister training leaders. It was fun to be with Sister Blas, but I'm so happy Sister Garner and I are back together. I love my companion! I'm really trying to savor these last couple weeks of the transfer cause next transfer is pretty up in the air. Jessica took us to a fabulous place called the Wisconsin Cheese and Sausage Shoppe. 


Oh. my. gosh. Pizza Grilled Cheese sandwich and homemade Wisconsin cheese curds. I may have died and gone to heaven. No worries, I'm back now. 


We also went to the Capps to check on Brother Capps. He's doing well and just taking it easy now. That man is a champ. When we stopped over on Saturday, Sister Capps was drying bananas so we helped her with that. Of course she gave us a baggie of them and we are so addicted. We were invited over for Sunday dinner too, so we went back yesterday for a nice dinner.

Fun fact. Ever since I came to West Allis I have heard that Jabari Parker and his brother sometimes come to our ward. WHAT? Jabari Parker the NBA player?! Yep. So of course I've been on the lookout since I've been here. Nothing for the past 6 months and then yesterday it happened. Yep. One of my dreams came true. NBA players are tall, guys. It was so cool to meet him! He was very nice and even took a picture with us. If I leave West Allis I can now leave in peace. Just kidding. It's not that big of a deal, but still a fun experience!


This week has been nothing short of busy. We are really working our tails off here and finally there has been some pick up! I'm grateful for my Savior and all that He does for me on the daily. There is no way that we would be able to do this work if it wasn't for the power and strength of the Atonement. Elder Dallin H. Oaks said, 

"Our Savior's Atonement does more than assure us of immortality by a universal resurrection and give us the opportunity to be cleansed from sin by repentance and baptism. His Atonement also provides the opportunity to call upon Him who has experienced all of our infirmities to give us the strength to bear the burdens of mortality. He knows of our anguish, and He is there for us. Like the good Samaritan, when He finds us wounded at the wayside, He will bind up our wounds and care for us (see Luke10:34). The healing and strengthening power of Jesus Christ and His Atonement is for all of us who will ask. I testify of that as I also testify of our Savior, who makes it all possible."

He truly does "make it all possible". He lives and He loves us and He knows YOU. He wants us to follow His example and turn to Him. I know that as we do we will be oh so happy! 

Keep it real. CTR. Lots of love from Wisconsin.

XO,

Sister Quist