Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 80 - HOLLA-ween!

Happy Halloween to my favorite people! 👻🎃🍬

JENNY. We went over to Jenny's last Monday night and it was so cool. She had little t.v. dinner trays set up for all of us, glasses of water, and she had a blank piece of paper and a pen for taking notes. Yes! Her home was so cute and the spirit was definitely there. The cherry on top was as we looked around her home just at pictures and whatnot we found a cute vinyl quote that said, "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me". WHATTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?! Hearts exploded. Jenny, do you know that you're already Mormon, but you just don't know it?! We shared with her the lyrics to "I am a Child of God" and she loved it. She had a lot of good questions about our beliefs and as we shared the message of the Restoration with her most of the were answered. At the end of our visit she opened up a lot to us and shared some really sacred, spiritual experiences that she's had. It was a neat moment. We are going to be seeing her again this Friday so stay tuned... :)  

We had the yummiest dinner on Tuesday with the Slattebo's. Cayla and Chloe were there and it was just really great. Great food, great company, great lesson. We shared this new video from Elder Christofferson talking about being apart of the body of Christ. I have been a witness to so many people who feel like they are unwanted or unneeded in the church, but I can testify that that is bologna. Every one of us has a place in the gospel of Jesus Christ. We all come from different backgrounds and have our own life experiences and if God wanted us all to be the same He would have made us that way! 

On Wednesday we had exchanges with the Hermanas! Hna Hixson came to GB2 with me and we had a blassst. It was so fun. We saw Taylor and Perry and it was rainy and cold, but we taught some people about the First Vision! Post-exchange we saw Cayla. Officially dropped her baptism date for now :( She's just going through a LOT right now. I'm so happy that she's getting the help she needs, though. She got a priesthood blessing last Sunday and she said that helped a little. She went to her dad's house this weekend to get away, so she didn't make it to church, but Sis Hansen and I get it. She's one tough chick. I love her so much.

We also spent a lot of time tracting this week. It was well needed and we met some suppaa cool cats. We had a lesson with a lesbian pastor, an old woman with alzheimers, a former investigator, and met many new investigators! Including ALEX. We're walking up her sidewalk thingy and we see this girl sitting in her doorway painting. Already love her. Then we find out she is 16 and totally knows a TON of youth from the ward. Including a girl named Charlie whom I also love. So we have an appointment to see her on Saturday. Hopefully Charlie will be able to come. 

I'm just continuing to find joy in the work here. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I know that the gospel is true. After ward conference yesterday we gathered as a ward council and the stake leaders to discuss what revelation we received and the spirit was so strong as we all went around the room testifying of the things that we felt. A lot of the conference was directed towards serving and helping the youth. There was one thing in particular that just kept coming back to my mind, and that was humility. It takes humility to love those that are different than you, to love differently than you do, to see others through the eyes of Christ, and to lift the lonely and the not-so-lonely. As we turn to Him in every moment, I know that we can obtain just a small portion of the humility He has. I'm grateful for the gifts that God is willing to give us if we ask. 

Have a supaa rad week! I love you and pray for you on the daily! :) CTR and be good.

Xo,
Sister Quist


 me and sister hansen in the eyes of a 4 year old
 Ana and Elsa want to wish you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN. 🎃
#seroogysthrowback