Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 13 - THREE Months as a Missionary!

This week was really great. First of all it was HOT. Stepping outside into the heat and humidity is comparable to jumping in a hot swimming pool. The air just sticks to your skin and I just love it so much. I can't believe that I hit three months this week. It's gone by so fast. What even happened this week? I don't even remember haha :) But we did have quite the exciting Sunday yesterday. I don't know how much I've said about our investigator, Quincy, but we've been meeting with him for like 7ish weeks. He reads the Book of Mormon every day and says that he knows it's true. GREAT! That's the best, cause, you know, it is true! But he will not commit to ANYTHING. And it's really frustrating. He has MS and is home all day. He reads the BoM mostly because he doesn't do anything else. But nevertheless, he reads it, which I am grateful for. Every time we ask him to do something he just says that "it's too hard" or "I can't". Bleh. The only way that he is ever going to know that this is the truth is if he does things that will stretch him! Picking up the BoM on the side table isn't stretching him enough...SO. We invited him to church (again) this week and HE MADE IT. He came rolling into the church building right on time yesterday morning and stayed for the first hour. What a champ! I'm so proud of him because I know it took a lot of effort for him to get there. He was able to hear Sis. Straight's talk and was able to witness my rad conducting skills...I felt like Sis. Pflueger up there leading the music (love you Karen!!). Even though he only stayed for Sacrament mtg. I'm so happy with the (slow, but sure) progress that he's making. We also had a BAPTISM yesterday! ...just a cute eight year old girl in our ward though :) It was still so fun to be apart of the service. I love baptisms! I know that I'll be able to see the font fill up some day when someone decides to enter into this true and everlasting gospel! 

I'm learning so much every day. I'm developing a deeper relationship with my Savior and even though I know .0001% (maybe) about the Atonement, I know that it is for me and it is for you individually. Someone who spoke yesterday in church said, "I just can relate anything back to the Atonement and I'll be golden, right"? Yes. Absolutely! I've also been studying a lot about member missionary work and dang. I was an awful member missionary! But anyways, I was reading in Alma 8 about one of the greatest missionary duos there ever was (you know, besides Jesus and His apostles), Alma and Amulek. What great guys. We are really trying to push member missionary work in the ward. I know that members are a HUGE aspect of missionary work. I have a testimony of that for sure. 

All is well here in Oshkosh! We're going to the EAA flight show later today so that'll be an adventure. Love you all. Thanks for your continued support and prayers. 

Xo,
Sister Quist

all of us a couple weeks ago representing our america tees!


working on our tans!