Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 14 - EAA Air Show 2015 +Training

Oh yeah! We gave service at the EAA (experimental aircraft association) air show every morning this week. It was SO FUN! (world's largest gathering for recreational pilots and aviation enthusiasts) Even though we sacrificed an hour of sleep each morning it was so worth it. One night we went to the night show to walk around and talk to people and like 7 members came up to us. I felt like a celebrity! Not too many exciting things happened this week.  Just going to EAA was a highlight. I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed with planes now. Sister Straight and I had fun coming up with plane analogies and quotes all week.



No investigators came to church this week :( But we did have three less actives comes--which is super awesome!! These past two weeks, because of EAA, the chapel has been filled! I have loved getting to meet all the visitors from around the country. We even had some members from Ukraine there yesterday! I love how much unity members of the church have. It's a blessing to be apart of this great gospel! It is frustrating though that no one came to church. We've been really blessed with someone at church almost every week. I'm just kind of stumped with ideas of how to get people to church. Basically I'm just stumped with how to get Oshkosh a baptism! I want a baptism so bad here. I know that it can happen, we just need to get some solid investigators!! 

I'm really excited about this next transfer. Well, excited as in I'm really nervous and slightly scared. But I have complete confidence in the Lord. He'll help me become who I need to become. Fun news: I'm training!! Is that fun news? I'm going to miss my cute Sister Straight, but she'll still be in the zone. I still feel completely inadequate to train a new missionary. Especially since I still feel like I don't have much of a clue what's going on. I'll also being training TWO new missionaries for a week this month as a girl from Oshkosh ward will be doing a mini mission with us. Pray for me. I'm feeling all sorts of emotions, but I know that the Lord will help me. It's going to be an adventure for sure and I know I'll learn a ton. 

Hope you all have a great week. Keep sharing the gospel and being an example to all!! 

Xo, Sister Quist

*So you know you're a missionary when you pray in your sleep! I've done that a few times now. Hey! Never too many prayers.


We passed out their newspaper every morning. Do I look like I should be in Newsies? 
I sure felt like it! SO MANY PLANES! It was so fun. 
 planes all day everyday‏

Last district meeting all together.  I do love our district!