Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 25 - I touched a hedgehog!

Another week come and gone! This week has gone by pretty slow. But good things are still happening. Brittany is getting baptized on Sunday--woot woot!! She is so awesome. She made me cry when she got up and bore her testimony yesterday. She has such a sweet testimony of this gospel and is a wonderful example to me of recognizing the power of the adversary and overcoming it! Satan opposes God and so anything that we do to some closer to God, he does NOT want us to do. I love her and the Munoz family so much. Kelly and Brent are well on their way to baptism as well and that means their family is headed to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity!! What a blessing and joy it is to know that we can be with our families forever. (Regarding the subject of this email: their family just got a hedgehog so obviously I had to touch it! Baby hedgehogs are so cute. Maybe someday I'll get the courage up to hold the thing). 

We also had Zone Training with the Zone. So fun to be able to see some of my favorite people! It was great to be uplifted and inspired by the ZL's and others. I know that this gospel is true and I'm so happy to be serving here. Honestly it's not easy, especially this week. I seem to have caught a bug of some sort. Being a missionary and being sick is NOT fun. But the Lord still takes care of us. Somehow this transfer is already almost over and I'm not sure how! Time is flying so fast. Ah! I'm trying to savor every moment. Recently I've been studying about repentance and forgiveness. It's so, so incredible how powerful the principle of repentance is. For the longest time I just though that repentance was a big, scary process that you had to do when you messed up super bad. But that's not really the case. Repentance is so much more than talking to the Bishop! I've read the talk "Latter-day Saints Keep On Trying" multiple times and every time I think about repentance I just think about the phrase, "Twas I, but tis not I". How wonderful it is that we can repent daily and become "new creatures" (Mosiah 27:26). Through repentance we can become more Christlike. 

Hope you all have a grand week! Be good :)

Xo,
Sister Quist

sis. martinez, sis. wise, sis goldwater, 
sis casas, me, sis peterson
no mistakin' where we live ;)
fellow sister in the gospel sharing some b-day love from Peru
 (love that Zoe.  Maren's bday is Sunday -- 20 years old! woot!)