Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 28 - Lord, I Will Follow Thee

Hey y'all! What the week it's been. So many miracles happening all around Wisconsin, but I'm so lucky to be serving here in West Allis! We are working with the most adorable less active Phillipino family. We had a GREAT FHE with them last Monday night, then dropped by again yesterday before Stake Conference. The dad even stuck around for a quick message. Win! The Munoz family is doing splendidly. We have barely seen Brittany this week because she is busy, busy with her school's musical. But we have been able to see Kelly and Brent and the rest of the family. Brent is honestly doing SO good. He is soaking it all in and really progressing. The Spanish Elders got him and Jayson one of those children's BoMs and they love it. Brent committed to read it 3 days a week and pray every morning and night. In his prayer he even promised Heavenly Father that he will do his best to stick to these commitments! What a champ. Kelly is definitely progressing as well. It's easy to see that the gospel is quickly becoming something she LOVES. After the adult session of stake conference we asked her how she liked it and she said with a big smile, "I LOVED it"!! We are SO stoked for the 29th of November. It will be an incredible day! Tonight we are going to the Cutler's with them for a Family Home Evening. The mission is really stressing the importance of FHE. Last night we were able to have a great FHE with Jaclyn (a recent convert), her LA husband, their two children, and her husband's two unbaptized kids. We were able to have the lesson in an active member family's home, which made all the difference. I think having FHE's in member's homes will truly help get the ward to become more missionary minded. 

Something that stuck out to me in the adult session of stake conference is that perfection isn't achievable (right now). That's something I think I needed to hear from the Spirit. I guess that maybe stuck out to me because I'm striving...or not even striving, but expecting perfection. And that's not fair. It's not fair to expect that of myself or of anyone else. But I'm realizing that with these expectations of perfection that I'm setting I am constantly falling short of them. So there's that. That is what is preventing me from loving others (and myself sometimes!). And, Mom, I'm grateful for your wise words of "just love"! Because that's truly what I need to work on. I just think of the Savior and His infinite love. I was prompted to read in John 13 and found verses 34-35 as an answer to my prayers. "A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another". More than anything, my this time serving a mission has ignited my desire to become a more faithful disciple of Christ. As I was reading those scriptures the song, "Lord I would follow thee" came into my head. "...who am I to judge another, when I walk imperfectly". Talk about a slap to the face! I am made up of so many faults and weaknesses, so who am I to point out the weaknesses of others? So there is my lesson of the week. Sometimes the truth hurts! But it's good for me, right?? 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week! CTR.

Xo,
Sister Quist

 guess which one is mine?? :) #hpfanforlife

 "CHEESE"
 Crafting/ doing service at the Capps on Halloween!
best service ever!