Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 35 - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (n*sync, anyone?)

Merry Christmas, everyone!! It's so strange to not be with my family this time of year, but it's okay because I get to spend Christmas in the service of my Heavenly Father! And how many times in my life can I be a missionary at Christmastime? Not many! It's been such a special opportunity to see how people's hearts soften during this season. The spirit of Christmas is a real thing! We have been studying the Living Christ for zone conference last week and the zone leaders asked a handful of people to memorize portions of the Living Christ to recite during the special Christmas program we did at ZC. And I was one of the lucky ones who got to participate! This was my part:

Of Him the Prophet also declared: "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That He lives! 

"For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father--
"That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God" (D&C 76:22-24).“
As I have reflected on this, I have become even more grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving His Son, and to His Son for giving His life that we all may live with our families for the eternities! I know that Christ lives. I know that He was born to save us from our sins. I know that "He walked the roads of Palestine, healing the sick, causing the bling to see, and raising the dead." I know that He suffered for you and for me on Calvary's hill. He knows me better than I know myself and I know He has the ability to help every one of us through whatever we may be going through! Sometimes it blows my mind that one man would do that for everyone who has live or will live on this earth. But I have felt the loving grace of my Savior and there is no denying that Christ can heal even our deepest wounds. I love my Savior and am so happy to preaching His gospel in this part of the vineyard! Miracles are happening everyday because of the greatest miracle of all-- Christ's birth. 
John 3:16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." 
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas from Wisconsin!!
Xo,
Sister Quist
merry christmas from wisconsin!!


 Me and Peter and Lucy (the bunny)
 Sister Faddis, Sister Peterson, Sister Garner, and me at Panera! :) Love these ladies.
 Hi JJ!! :)
12 days of Christmas from home
a text from a wonderful member in West Allis: 
"The YW roped the sisters and me into joining in on this. 
Quite impressive that they did this in skirts!" 
Absolutely LOVE these glimpses into our girl's world! 
Thanks Katie!