Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 53 - The Perfect Pie and the Perfect Baptism

Monique was BAPTIZED! What a wonderful day it was! At the beginning of the week, Sister S and I both felt a little uneasy about the baptism. It all felt a little too good to be true, and we weren't sure if she had received a witness that this is true. But Mo was just super, super prepared. On Friday, we had her baptism interview and after the interview she just kept saying, "I just feel so happy"! We asked her about her testimony and some of her favorite things she's learned, and she told us that she loves the pre-mortal world and the Plan of Salvation. How grateful I am to know that we all chose to come to this earth to progress! And I am especially grateful that Monique chose this plan.

Saturday was a crazy busy day! We had so many things to do in preparation for the baptism. We took Monique to a baptism of a kid in the Neenah ward, which she loved, so she could know kind of what to expect. Then 7pm rolled around and it was time for Monique's baptism! She looked so beautiful in that white jumpsuit. In her own words she said, "I look like a giant marshmallow!" Haha, yes, but a very cute giant marshmallow. She had so many people from the Branch who love her come to support her. Her parents, sister, and niece all came as well! The Spirit was so strong. I can't even explain it, but as soon as the opening hymn began I just got all teary eyed. So much happiness in one room. The service was funny, awkward, and so full of the spirit...it was perfect! After the actual baptism ordinance, we decided to go in the bathroom to check on her. I've never done that before, but something told me we needed to go be with her. We awkwardly went into the bathroom and asked her how it was and she couldn't stop saying how happy and clean she felt. We all got a little teary and although she was sopping wet we each gave her a big hug #worthit. I am so certain that Heavenly Father was present that night. My heart was basically exploding with joy! 


Fun fact: We asked Mo what her favorite treat was and she said pumpkin pie! Of course pumpkin pie is out of season and no stores had it, so we decided to practice our homemaking skills and made her the pie! The trial run was delicious, but not the most beautiful. But the second one was pretty darn awesome. She was so surprised that we made her a pie. LOL. I don't know if she liked eating the pie or being baptized more (just kidding, guys, obviously baptism :)).

The happiness just kept on coming as Monique was confirmed with the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday. The guy who introduced her to the gospel was able to confirm her and give her one of the most inspired blessings I've ever heard! We tried to write down the blessing to give to her, but it was all just so great that we couldn't catch everything he said. I guess it doesn't really matter what was said, just the spirit that was felt. Both her parents came to the confirmation as well, which was awesome. I know it sounds kinda cliche to say that she was glowing, but I'm totally serious! I'm so thankful for the Holy Ghost! It's what sanctifies us and what helps us on our path back to our heavenly home. God is good. Jesus is the Christ. The Book of Mormon is true. The Priesthood has been restored. 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! CTR. Keep it real. Spread the gospel. 

Xo,
Sister Quist

 A macaron and a photo to celebrate ONE YEAR (what?!)!
(a ginormous shout out to my #1 family for the macarons!)