Hi All! A run down of our week:
- Got locked out of our apartment at 9:30pm while trying to kill a spider. Spent 20 minutes trying to buzz people to let us in, but no one did. Said a prayer and the first person we buzzed let us in. Prayers really do work!
- Talked to some super cool hipster people at Lawrence University. It was cool because we talked to this group of people and basically all of them said they didn't have a belief in God except for this one girl. I was just thinking about how tough it would be to hang around people who didn't share that core belief. I'm so grateful for the blessing it is to have people in my life who love the Lord just as much as I do!
- Jesus came! As a mission we are reading the Book of Mormon and we just got to 3 Nephi 11 and this is right when Christ appears to the people on the American continent. Every time I get to this part I love that the first thing Christ does is give them the priesthood power! Then he teaches them His doctrine. Just shows how important both of those things are.
- Went on exchanges in Appleton with Sister Christensen. BEST EVER. We had Taco Bell and tracted in the hot humid weather and saw their investigators, Tonya and Sue. We did service at Bethesdas and got matching t-shirts for free. Sister Christensen is a wonderful missionary. She's just super genuine and herself 100% of the time.
- Met with a new investigator named Jake on Saturday. I don't know if I said anything about him, but we tracted into him and he told us that when he lived in Minnesota he did service with some Elders! They never told him anything about the church, but it kind of got him curious. So we were able to teach him about the Restoration. At the end he said, "But you should know that I'm never going to be a Mormon". Hmm, we'll see, Jake...we'll see.
- Funny tracting story of the week. We knock on this door and these two shirtless guys answer. Both covered in tattoos and piercings. We start talking to them and tell them what church we're from and then out of the blue one of them says, "wait a second, I'll be right back". And goes inside. A few minutes later he comes out with a BOOK OF MORMON. We were like, whatttt!? Then he showed us his "Book of Mormon" musical t-shirt. Oh boy... we talked more about Joseph Smith and who he was. I think we cleared up some misunderstandings.
- Quincy got baptized! It was magical and spiritual and I'm so happy for him. It was such a privilege to be so close so that we could attend. I honestly didn't think I would see the day when Quincy would get baptized, but he persevered (and the sisters persevered), and he made it. He was glowing with the light of Christ! At the service he bore his testimony and said, "thank you, sisters, for not taking no for an answer".
Not much time, but things are going well and missionary life is wonderful. I'm doing great and I love these YSA of mine here in Winnebago! We called our referral, Andrew, yesterday and got to know him a little better. He's moving here from Washington state. He said he has a lot of questions that his Baptist church can't seem to answer and said he hasn't been able to get "the Mormon's" out of his head and doesn't know why. Well, THE SPIRIT THAT'S WHY.
Okay. Going to High Cliff state park.
CTR. Read your scriptures. Love you!