Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 76 - conference, baby hands, sister hansen, and moldy food

Hello my cute family and friends!! Wasn't General Conference incredible!? Ah, I loved it. We were able to watch all four sessions. One at the church building and the rest at different members' homes. We were fed spiritually and physically. May have gone into a sugar coma about halfway through the Saturday evening session, but all is well. We were supposed to watch a session with Cayla, but she said something came up and so it didn't happen. Which we were superrrr sad about. So, we were only able to see her once this week when Sister Carlini went to say goodbye. Lame :( The couple days before transfers were spent saying goodbye to many people/packing. Cause PLOT TWIST, not only were transfers crazy and I got a new companion, but we also had to move apartments. We moved into the Hmong elders' apartment. Now I'm really trying not to be complainy about this, but let me just give you a little description of what we found. Carpeted bathroom. Empty cupboards. Moldy Hmong food. I'll let you imagine the rest of it. You don't even want to know what was found before we moved in... But I'm happy to report that 5 days later it's coming along! I'm really gaining a testimony of having a "house of order". In other news, the transfer has begun and Sister Hansen is here with me. Yay! I love her and we're having theee best time together. We've already seen so many miracles.  




We've been meeting with a former investigator, Ashley, for a few weeks now. We were finally able to meet with her when most of her kids were in school this past Thursday. Now you know I love kids, but it was really good to have a quieter environment to listen to and teach Ashley. It was really cool because when planning for her lesson in our companionship study, we decided on how to begin and what teaching points that we wanted to use. As soon as we said a prayer and what we had planned to say, she told us what was up. It was crazy. This was my fourth or fifth time meeting with her and every time I just felt like something was holding her back, and that something wasn't right. And seriously as we talked to her about how the gospel message will enable us to overcome weaknesses, she opened right up. I have been praying a lot about her and what will help her to overcome her weaknesses. Elder K. Brett Nattress' talk yesterday was seriously the biggest answer to my prayer. THE ATONEMENT. That's what. I loved when he told the story of his mother reading the Book of Mormon to his family every morning and the promised blessing that was given to her, that if she would read the scriptures to her children every day she would not lose any of them. Then she said with deep conviction, "And I will not lose you". I imagine that is how our Heavenly Father feels about each one of us. He doesn't want to lose any of us, and that is why He sent CHRIST. I know as soon as Ashley feels of His atoning power she will do whatever it takes to come back to Him. 

CONFERENCE HOLY COW 🐄 It was so good. I don't even know where to begin. LOVED President Nelson's talk. One of my favorite, favorite scriptures! "Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have JOY". He said, "The joy we have has little to do with our circumstances, and everything to do with the focus of our lives" (or something like that). I know that as we focus on Christ we will not be distracted by the sneaky ways of the world and that we will truly be JOYFUL. 

Hope you have the happiest of weeks! CTR!

Xo,
Sister Quist

 transfer 12 district photo/wildlife sanctuary

 me + hna. martinez 


WEIRD HANDS ON HANDS 

also, my creepy eye in the background.