Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 16 - All Is Well

Sorry for the short note this week. But all is well! This has hands down been one of the toughest weeks of my mission. Sunday couldn't have come soon enough. But when it did, it was awesome. I started getting teary as we sat singing the sacrament hymn. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly grateful for my Savior. Especially as I sat next to our investigator, Ashley. We were able to see her Saturday night and after a month of not getting a lesson with her, her mom invited us in and we were able to have a great impromptu lesson with her and Sis. Coley was able to invite her to be baptized. She declined (very politely) and said it was too big of a commitment to make right now. We assured her that we will love her (obvi) and committed her to come to church. She was able to come and as I sat there with her I just felt so much love for her and for my Savior. 

In other news, I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time on my mission this week! More than anything I know that the Book of Mormon is true. That it softens hearts and brings the kind of joy that cannot come any other way. There is nothing better than the feeling of peace and surety that comes from reading the pages of the Book of Mormon. The happiness that comes from this gospel is true and eternal. I know that now more than ever! Treasure your families. Keep them close and give them hugs every day! 

The church is true.

Peace and blessings,
Sister Quist

p-day outing to the EAA Museum with the Hmong and Oshkosh Elders and the YSA Sisters
experiencing the wind tunnel 
photostrips...sis. lamprecht accidentally picked the "blood" setting. hahahaha
 selfie with our district "dad", elder kelly
cute companions - Sister Coley and yours truly 
Zone Conference (Pic from the mission blog)