Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week 20 - the eagle is flying for the last time

Yes. That title was a Princess Diaries quote. 

But here we are the day before I leave Oshkosh! Sister Coley and I were SO shocked when we got on to see the transfer board! I thought I'd for sure have another transfer here. But the Lord has other plans for me. I'm not sure why I am leaving, but I am putting all my trust in the Lord. I've been thinking a lot about my time here in Oshkosh. Have I made a difference in anyone's life? I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter the amount of physical success that occurs. I've done what I've done and I've given it my best. I was reading in Jacob 5 today. And it says,

70 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard sent his servant; and the servant went and did as the Lord had commanded him, and brought other servants; and they were few.
 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.

I especially like, "If ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come". This statement has given me the comfort of knowing that as long as I'm doing my best and giving my all then I will eventually find joy in the fruits of my labors! I know that this is where I am supposed to be. I know that I need to be in West Allis now and that there are people there who are prepared to hear this glorious message! I'm a little nervous about the unknown of it all, but there is so much power in the Atonement and I can feel that divine strength as I rely on my Savior. He will never give us any situation that we cannot conquer! This whole life is about growth and the more time I spend out here the more I realize that. I've met some amazing pretty rad people here in Oshkosh. There will always be a special place in my heart for Oshkosh and although I'm sad to leave I know the Lord has something else in store for me right now! I love this gospel with my whole heart and I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the experiences I've had here. Every day has strengthened my testimony that this is the only true church on the earth. I know it and I love it!! :) 

Stay real, Oshkosh Victory hand

XO, Sister Quist


Sister Blas, me, and Sister Wise! Love my girls :) 
With Sister Goldwater at new missionary training. She was in my first district out here and this is her last transfer!! I thought I wouldn't see her again, but surprise, I'm headed to her zone now!! Holla! :) 
The Bishop and his wife had us over for cookies and milk Sunday night. Love these people!! Sister Rhodes is my favorite!! 
We went to the Stake President's house for breakfast yesterday and he is honestly apostle status! Such an inspiring man. I love the Kindts.  
one last selfie in the farmlands 
Love my little Peruvian children!! 
The Parades' kids. Love them!