Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 22 - Busy, busy in the Vineyard

Well y'all, this week was CRAY! I feel like I say that every week, but each week is a different kind of crazy haha. First of all last p-day was fun(ish). We just went and chilled with the Muskego sisters, Sister Wise and Sister Peterson...my faves! They are such a big blessing to me. That night we had a lesson with the Munoz family. The spirit was so strong as I talked to Orlando about being able to baptize his daughter. He was so shocked and just super excited about it. 

Tuesday we had interviews with President Cutler. Such a wonderful day! I love that man. He is so inspired and that interview was exactly what I needed. I asked for a Priesthood blessing and man alive, I love the Priesthood. There was such a wonderful calm and reassuring feeling that overcame me and I can't help but know that Heavenly Father does love me individually. 

On Wednesday we went over to a these two less active best friend's house. Wendy and Sheryl. They're pretty cool. They have 11 cats. We mowed their lawn and they fed us dinner. I had cat hair in my food. It was cool. BUT we asked them if they have work on Sundays and they said no, so we were all, "Perfect! You can come to church then". They haven't been to church in at least over 4 months. They came to church this week!! We were super excited and happy to see them there. 

Thursday we had an FHE with the A family. Such a cool family. We played Don't Eat Pete and talked about the Holy Ghost and agency. (shout out to Ali Peterson for giving that game to me!!) Later we went to the W family home to show them the mission DVD. Man, I love that family! Sis. W is a convert and has such a powerful testimony. We walk in and Bro. W starts telling us this story of how he gained personal testimony of the power of prayer and basically had me in tears. They are such a missionary minded family and are just great. 

Friday night we exchanged with our STL's and Sister Osburn went to Kenosha and Sister Green came here to West Allis! I have to say that it was probably my favorite exchange yet. Especially since Sis. Green knew the area and some of the people. It was nice. We statred out the day at a returning less active's house...which turned into more of a rant session. It's alright though, we brought it around. And we were able to go to Sis. Green's old investigator's baptism! Charlene is such a wonderful woman and her convert daughter and son-in-law were able to fly in from Idaho so her SIL could baptize her! It was a very powerful service. I love this church so much!! 

Sunday rolled around yesterday and boy I was so happy to see Kelly and the kids there!! She is progressing so much and Brittany as well. Kelly wanted to come with Brittany and Jayson. We were thrilled when they walked in the doors! I'm sure that this weeks' sacrament meeting program was inspired because Kelly was feeling the spirit so strong as people bore their testimonies on their personal conversion stories. I looked over and she was crying. It was incredible to see the spirit touch her heart. So we asked if we could come over later that night and talk to her and Brittany. Sister Stewart (the RS pres) was able to come as well. Kelly knows that this is true. I know it. She is just apprehensive to make any big jumps right now. But we did commit her to read and pray about the B.O.M. and she said she would with a definitive "yes"! Brittany gave the closing prayer at our lesson that night and it was so sweet. She prayed that her mom would be able to recognize that this is the truth and that she will want to be baptized too. Melted my heart and I know that the spirit was tangible in that room. We are excited for what's in store for them! 
 
The church is 100% true and I'm so happy to be serving here in West Allis!! 
 
Xo, Sister Quist

a trip to the Milwaukee Public Museum for pday today with some generous members
 "dumb dumb give me gum gum" 
night at the museum reference! the best!