Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 33 - Love from Wisconsin

Happy Monday! What a week it has been. Transfer week always seems to go by pretty slowly, but it was a good week. Monday was p day! What a great day. We did the usual routine (laundry, shopping, emails, etc...) until noon when we picked up the Muskego sisters and headed to Denny's for lunch with the district. Why Denny's, you ask? I don't know. That's what happens when you leave the elders in charge of where to eat. Nevertheless it was fun and I have just loved this district oh so much! It's been cool to see the growth and success in each of our areas. God is definitely blessing His missionaries. That night was a BLAST! We went bowling with the Munoz family. Probably one of the funnest times on my mission. 



Our "ladies who lunch" tradition continued onward on on Tuesday when we went to THE most darling place for lunch! We only used a million miles, but YOLO. It was so worth it. Seriously, guys, it looked like Pinterest threw up in there! All of us were like "ahh! we need to instagram this! ...oh wait". Haha, and I ate probably the best salad I've eaten in the past seven months. It was a fun last hurrah before half of the original group got transferred. After lunch we went over to Barbara's to have a lesson with her and her grand kids. Dylan was sick, so it was just Carly, but what a great lesson. Since we've been teaching them it's been neat to see how much progress they've made. Carly is just a quiet little thing, but recently she is beginning to come out of her shell. We talked all about FAITH and how it's comparable to a little seem. It needs nurturing and care if you want it to grown. Alma 32:37 says, "And behold, as the tree beginneth to grow, ye will say: Let us nourish it with great care, that it may get root, that it may grow up, and bring forth fruit unto us. And now behold, if ye nourish it with much care it will get root, and grow up, and bring forth fruit". As we take care of our faith we will begin to see the fruit! And let me tell you, it's pretty dang wonderful to see the fruit of your faith. 

Wednesday began bright and early. The new trainers gathered together for a meeting before we met our new companions. Praying with all my heart doesn't begin to describe my feelings leading up to this moment. All the trainers lined up after the meeting and started to sing "Called to Serve" when the new missionaries walked in to the chapel. I swear it was not too long ago that I was that new missionary! The Spirit was so strong, as it always seems to be when we sing that song. President Cutler began announcing the new companionships and soon announced that I would be training Sister Garner! So there you go, folks! My new companion is Sister Emily Garner. She is from Boise, Idaho. She went to two semesters at BYUI and she's really cool. Really quiet and reserved, but very nice and genuine. We seem to get along just fine. 

(pictures of transfer day - thanks to the mission blog)


Thursday was good, although both of us were feeling a bit sick. We were figuring stuff out with the police and the apartment complex half of the day. So that wasn't fun, but we got it mostly figured out ("welcome to Milwaukee, Sister Garner"!). We had a lunch date with Sister Peterson and her trainee, Sister Faddis, which is always a good time. We met a super rad girl, Jessie. Now this girl is the definition of "passionate". You know, I don't quite understand why religion is such a touchy subject for most people. Just talking to Jessie made me realize that when people are open about religion it connects one to another. But most people aren't that willing to open up. Later that night we had dinner with the Cragers--who are quite possibly the coolest humans (hi guys!). I always love going over there. They're kind of the bomb. After, we went to the Munoz's for a great lesson on family history. They need to get on that so they can go to the temple! I know I've said this a million times, but I just feel so blessed to serve and know this family. They are something so special. I was sitting next to Brittany last night at the Christmas devotional and I just felt such a peace about my whole life. It was sort of strange. I think I've been a bit emotional lately due to transfers (change is never easy) and also Christmas. I'm so happy to be out serving the Lord this holiday season, but boy oh boy I'm glad that I'm only missing one :) I'm grateful for families like the Munoz's to help me cope with being away from my own cute family!

Their family also set a date to be sealed!! I'm so thrilled for them. The temple is in their sights and nothing will distract them from that. Kelly and Brent were confirmed yesterday and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. The spirit definitely witnessed to me of the truthfulness of the gospel and the righteousness of their choice. I'm so proud of them and just adore them so much. They have made such an impact on my testimony and I don't think they realize how much they mean to me. The Lord definitely puts people in our lives for a reason! 

Our evening on Friday began with PIE. Shout out to the Mead's for making my favorite pie and letting us come eat it :) I love this ward oh so much! 


After our pie date we had a bomb lesson with Jessica. Oh, Jessica. I do love that woman! She's such an example to me in so many ways! We met her at Starbucks and had a really nice discussion with her about change and also 1 Nephi 17. She's literally so close. So close, people! Like if she was standing on the edge of a cliff and a tiny breeze came along, she'd totally fall off (is that a bad analogy? haha). But it's so true! She still has a baptismal date of the 27th though. So please pray for this girl to get her answer! 

Well. That about sums up my week. Sorry this was basically a novel. Congratulations if you actually finished it! :) Wishing you all a happy week! 

Much love from Milwaukee,
Sister Quist


sister wise, me, and sister peterson with our nasty gluten free brownies
 Thanksgiving round 1 with the Capps!
happy thanksgiving! love me, sister osburn, and sister stewart!
Orlando, Kelly, and Brent at the baptism last week! Don't they look so good in white?? :) 
I love this kid so much!! He's so awesome and I'm so glad the camera caught him smiling cause this kid does not like pictures... :) 
I still somehow find a way to accumulate t-shirts here. My fave right now, "Fear the Deer". Go Bucks!
Look who I saw!! My cute Sister Coley! :) So fun to be reunited. Even if it was for just a few minutes. 
Sister Garner and I at Urgent Care. Turns out her ear drum burst on the plane ride here. Poor girl. She's been a trooper!